By clicking the box in the checkout page, you are entering into a legally binding contract between you, the combine participant ("you" or "Participant") and AC SYRACUSE INC.("we", "us", or "AC SYRACUSE INC."). This contract (the "Agreement") sets forth your rights and responsibilities regarding your participation in a soccer tryout hosted by AC SYRACUSE INC. for the sole purpose of demonstrating your soccer skills.
By paying the registration fee for any AC SYRACUSE INC. tryout and availing yourself of any AC SYRACUSE INC. services, including but not limited to participation in any tryout or other events produced by AC SYRACUSE INC, you agree to comply with the following terms and conditions at all times:
- Authority to Enter Into Contract. The personal information you provided to us for your participation in any tryouts is complete and accurate and is the actual personal information for the combine Participant. By entering into this Agreement you represent to us that you know of nothing preventing you from legally entering into this Agreement. PARTICIPANTS UNDER THE AGE OF 18: If you are younger than the age of majority for the state and country in which you live, this Agreement is adopted by your parent or legal guardian either by signing below or clicking through on the ACSyracuse.com website.
- Tryout Format; Participant Responsibilities. We will use best efforts to provide a professional soccer tryout and academy youth tryout experience and will seek to include a minimum of the following opportunities:
- Pro Tryouts: One (1) 90-minute training session with professional-level soccer staff and/or coaches
- Pro Tryouts: Sixty (60) minutes of gameplay in each of two (2) 11-on-11 soccer games with professional-level soccer staff and/or coaches.
- Academy Tryouts: Will be a combination of a training session and soccer games with professional-level soccer staff and/or coaches.
You understand and agree that your registration fee includes participation in the combine program for which you have registered and a numbered t-shirt which must be worn at all sessions. As the Participant, you are responsible for all of your other needs during this time including, but not limited to, your own equipment (shorts, socks, cleats, shin guards, tape, etc.), transportation, food and water, lodging, etc.
You agree to wear all protective equipment required while participating in all activities and you acknowledge that AC SYRACUSE INC. will provide limited medical supervision or staff at the combines when required to do so by applicable law and that we otherwise may do so in our sole discretion. Any medical professional working with AC SYRACUSE INC. may in his or her discretion determine that a medical issue presented by a Participant requires further medical attention which will be the sole responsibility of Participant.
We reserve the right to make any change to a combine program that we deem to be necessary or advisable in our sole discretion, including staff substitutions and facility changes. This includes, but is not limited to, changes up to and including cancellation of a combine related to weather, the number of event participants, positional needs, facility changes, staffing changes, or any other unforeseen circumstance. We further reserve the right to remove any participant from any combine in our sole discretion without notice.
- No Guarantee; Non-Refundable Fee. Our tryouts are intended to connect AC Syracuse professional soccer coaches, and other industry professionals with talented players. By paying the registration fee and participating in the tryout you acknowledge there is NO GUARANTEE by AC SYRACUSE INC. that your participation will result in any pro soccer contract. All decisions to contact you or your legal guardian after a tryout are made in the sole discretion of the coaches and other professionals in attendance in each tryout. Should any coach or professional wish to contact you after a combine, the professional will ask AC SYRACUSE INC. to contact you on his or her behalf initially.
All registration fees are non-refundable. If a combine is canceled, we will make commercially reasonable provisions for you to apply the value of the registration fee you paid toward participation in a later AC SYRACUSE INC. tryout.
- LIABILITY WAIVER AND RELEASE. Please read the following language carefully. By agreeing to it, you are giving up substantial rights and you should be certain that you are agreeing to this waiver and release voluntarily. By signing this Agreement or clicking through to pay your registration fee, you acknowledge that in participating a AC SYRACUSE INC. event, you fully assume all risk and agree to be fully responsible for any and all damages, injuries (including death), or losses that you may sustain in connection with any AC SYRACUSE INC. tryout, whether at the location of the tryout or offsite, including, but not limited to, all athletic activity, participation, or presence at any event related to AC SYRACUSE INC. You understand and agree that soccer can be an inherently dangerous sport that often brings with it a heightened risk of injury, even including death.
You agree that you are assuming all risk stemming from your participation in the AC SYRACUSE INC. tryout. You agree to waive all claims and to release and hold harmless AC SYRACUSE INC. and all of its employees, directors, employees, vendors, contractors, and affiliates, from any and all liability, demands, claims, suits, damages, expenses, fees, actions, or causes of action or judgments as a result of any personal injury or damage, destruction or loss of property which in any way relates to, arises out of, or is in any way connected with your participation any AC SYRACUSE INC. event or the negligent acts or omissions of the releases or any other third party.
You agree to reimburse AC SYRACUSE INC. for any and all expenses, including reasonable attorney fees and costs, incurred in enforcing AC SYRACUSE INC., rights under this agreement. If any part of this Section 4 is found to be unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, you and AC SYRACUSE INC. intend for the waiver and release in this section to apply to greatest extent possible under applicable law.
- Compliance with all AC SYRACUSE INC. Policies. You understand that by assenting to this agreement that you will comply with all policies, terms of service, or other protocols and policies that may be posted from time to time on ACSYRACUSE.com website.
- Additional Terms and Conditions.
- You agree that this Agreement will be governed by the laws of the State of New York, United States. Any action pursuant hereto must be brought in the State of New York with venue in Onondaga County.
- This Agreement is the entire agreement between Participant and AC SYRACUSE INC. and there are no agreements or other representations or warranties between the parties other than are written in this Agreement. This Agreement may not be modified orally.
- The waiver of any breach of any provisions of this Agreement is not a subsequent waiver by either party. A delay in enforcing rights is not considered to be a waiver of those rights.
- Participant may not assign any rights from this Agreement. AC SYRACUSE INC. may assign its rights and obligations under this Agreement.
- If a court of competent jurisdiction makes a final determination that any provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, (i) the validity, legality, and enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby; and (ii) to the fullest extent possible, the provisions of this Agreement shall be construed so as to give effect to the intent manifested by the provisions held invalid, illegal or unenforceable.
- You agree to allow AC SYRACUSE INC. to use your picture, image, videotape, and likeness for marketing, commercial and promotional purposes.
- College athletes wishing to apply for the AC SYRACUSE INC. Tryouts should check with their school's NCAA compliance officer and college coach to make sure that applying to the combine will not affect their college eligibility. Different governing bodies (NCAA, NAIA, JUCO, etc) have different regulations and the AC SYRACUSE INC. Pro Soccer Combines will not take any responsibility regarding your NCAA eligibility.
AC SYRACUSE INC. does not require a participant’s social security number for registration. However, we do recommend that participants check with their local government in regards to travel documents required if you are selected for a trial, contract or tour outside of the USA. AC SYRACUSE INC. will not take any responsibility for undocumented participants who are unable to travel outside of the USA.
AC SYRACUSE INC. will refund the total registration fee to its registered participants in the event that any or all of their site pro soccer tryouts are canceled for whatever circumstance. AC SYRACUSE INC. will not be responsible for any transportation, hotel or other expenses associated in your travel if any or all of the pro soccer tryouts are canceled.